Families may not apply to the Fund directly. Referrals must be made by a healthcare professional (for example, a social worker, case manager, nurse, doctor, or therapist).
To read about the programs the Fund offers to help families, click here.
- Healthcare professionals refer patients and their families to the Fund with our online application. To become a referring professional, click here.
- Using the online application, referring professionals provide information about the child's diagnosis, the
family's financial situation, and the type of financial assistance
- Requests for assistance are generally processed within 24 to 72 hours.
- If the application is approved, funds are sent directly to the vendor by KADMF. This process ensures eligibility for assistance and avoids misappropriation of funds.
- The referring professional may go online at any time to
check on the status of an application at his/her password-protected account.