With so many challenges still present in our day-to-day lives, perhaps you’ll find it heartwarming to look ahead
to the Holiday Season. Everyone is keenly aware that families caring for a child living with a disability or illness
are going through a particularly difficult year. The Dolan Fund is fully committed to delivering our annual
Holiday Adopt a Family program (HAAF) and doing so in a safe and supportive manner!
The families we reach through HAAF have children living with a variety of conditions including AIDS, cancer,
cerebral palsy, cystic fibrosis, sickle cell anemia, severe disabilities or serious injuries. These families are under
immense financial strain and are brought to our attention by social work departments in hospitals and social
service agencies. Our families are the heart of the Mission at the Dolan Fund. In past years we have counted on
you to provide the actual gifts for the children. This year, in continuing to promote the health and safety of
our families, sponsors, health care professionals and staff, we are asking most sponsors to provide
giftcards – just like we did in 2020. We all know how stressful this time of year can be, so we can assure you
that if you sponsor a family (or families), you will be bringing joy and comfort to those who desperately need it!
Some helpful tips if you decide to adopt a family:
• You are welcome to state your preference, for example: “A small family with 1-2 kids or a large family with 5 kids;” and we will try to accommodate you.
• You can drop off or mail the gift cards to our office at 580 Virginia Drive Suite 110 (second floor)Fort Washington, PA 19034. You can make a monetary donation and gift cards for the families will be purchased. Each card will be labeled for the child and/or caregiver.
• We recommend gift cards totaling $100 per child. We also recommend $100 gift cards for parents or
guardians (one or two depending on the family).
• You will receive the names, ages and gift card suggestions (Target, Amazon, etc.) for thefamily
members you are sponsoring.
• Please have all gift cards in by NOVEMBER 19, 2021. This will ensure that there will be enoughtime
for families and social workers.
If you are unable to sponsor a family but would still like to help, we welcome monetary donations or individual
gift cards. We often receive requests for help just days before the holiday and gift cards are the perfect solution
to a last-minute problem. Anything you do will be greatly appreciated!
Last year, through the kindness and compassion of people, our program distributed gift cards to 225 families!
We’d like to help even more families this year. If you want to join us and sponsor a family or help out in another
way, please contact Danielle Griffith, Program Director at your convenience. We look forward to hearing from you!
Danielle Griffith firstname.lastname@example.org 215-643-0763